December 19, 2010

My trip to Jordan

I must confess that I am posting this trip after a long period of 6 months.. This trip happened during the summer.

When the plane touched Queen Alia International airport, I wondered finally. Its been a long time living in Middle east and I always wanted to visit a country like Jordan (Lebanon and Syria are other countries on the list). After completing all formalities, I came out of the airport. My pickup was waiting outside. Suddenly a gush of cool breeze swept my face. I shivered. Though the temperature at the airport was well over 30 degrees, I was feeling cold, for I was coming from Bahrain where the temperatures topped 45 degrees. I wondered what would my relatives living in Kuwait would feel (there it is over 55 degrees)?
I reached the hotel. The room was a suite and the view was sweet. This hotel is on a slope and I could see west side of Amman from my room. I slept and later woke up at 5. I was hungry and went out. Nearby was Sweifieh Avenue Mall which housed Carrefour express. I got some necessities and walked back. I had some food and watched football match. Later at around 7:30, I looked out of my room. It was not even dusk yet. At about 8 pm, got frustrated, took my camera and started shooting the waning sun light and its effect on Amman. By 8:20, the sun set.
I guess one of the after effects of staying in Jordan is that sun sets late, I sleep late and yet I have to wake up early. I had some sleepless nights and my mood was out of the world.

No comments: